Fear of success? Most people don’t believe they fear success, but most of them would be incorrect. Our lives rarely change because we become comfortable with our situation. We might not like it, but it’s comfortable. We know what to expect. We might be unhappy, but we know we can deal with it.
In a nutshell, we don’t like change. We also don’t like the prospect of failing or of standing out.
You might fear success if you:
• Consistently make plans for your life, but fail to follow through on them. Whether it’s to start a business, read a book a month, or hit the gym five days a week, you just can’t seem to make it happen.
• You leave projects uncompleted. This includes at work and in your personal life.
• You’re all talk. You rarely take action.
• You struggle to make decisions.
• Your life never changes for the better.
• You self-sabotage, especially when you’re nearing success.